Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Portable USB drive (makes no sense)

On 05/01/2016 06:31 PM, wrote:

[snip]

So, first I asked what good the driver is when it's on the drive I'm
trying to use. Now I ask what's the purpose of the driver all all, since
I accessed the drive from both Windows 2K and XP.

You need a driver to use the drive with Windows 98. Windows ME, 2000,
and later shouldn't need it.

BTW, the presence of that driver (already in the OS) may be the only
advantage of Windows ME over 98.

This drive is also for Macintosh. I thought a Mac computer requires a
different drive format. That's even more puzzling!

I believe Macintosh (as well as Linux, don't forget that) support FAT
formats.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"A dogma is the hand of the dead on the throat of the living." -- Lemuel
K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays