Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default What the heck goes into the trash can (as opposed to recycling?)

On 05/02/2016 04:09 PM, Arthur Cresswell wrote:
For the past two years I have not put out a trash can at the
curb while my neighbor's trash cans are filled to the brim.

What gives?

Here's what I throw out:
1. Everything that is "food" gets composted, so, there's no actual
food in the trash (and yes, bones and meat and oils are food
just as much as carrots and spoiled ketchup or mustard is food).

2. Every "container" containing food is rinsed out, so, the container
itse

snip

Pretty much the same here.

Each week my neighbor's garbage containers are over flowing, but in a
month I'd probably not fill one.

I own my own home and one day I asked a neighbor who had been renting
for many years why he did not buy his own house, he had a good job.

He told me he had no money because all he did was buy junk he did not need.

Yep, looked like it all ended up in the garbage.

sheesh, how disgusting.