Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default (OT) Portable USB drive (makes no sense)

On Mon, 2 May 2016 08:53:58 -0400, Retired wrote:

The drive is NTFS. Will a Mac read that?

I left the driver on the drive, but removed all the extra software. I
did zip it and save a copy on a flash drive just in case it's needed.

I don't know the how and why of it, but I use a flash drive to move
files between a Mac mini w/ El Capitan, and a Win 7 laptop all the
time. (.jpg, .xls, .doc )

If you have a Mac and a Win machine, try it.

I dont have a Mac!

I know .jpg . gif . mp3 .htm are universal. I suppose .doc is too, as
well as .txt. (not sure what a .xls is used for).