Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip *update working-- sorta*

On Mon, 2 May 2016 08:37:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Other than the shape of the boards, they're not much alike.
The 8060 has no flexible membrane circuit.

Oops. I couldn't find any decent 8060a photos other than the repair
article, so I guessed that they were the same from memory. Sorry for
the misinformation.
http://mrmodemhead.com/blog/fluke-8060a-repair/

The problem is that it's reading voltages and resistances that don't
exist, even though it does read my test voltages and resistances.
I guess I have to take this apart again and do a better job of
cleaning the electrolyte off the board.

The link posted by an earlier poster shows problems with leakage
below the main chip/socket only. If I knew that would be the only
problem to address, I'd pull the socket and try it. The problem
is is that every individual solution requires undoing the display
hardwire, so I'm trying to formulate a plan to effectively
clean this in one shot.

Well, I may join you on this repair. I just found my long lost Fluke
8060a. About +1.5mv of residual reading on the 200mv scale. I'll
drag it to my office, take some photos, and measure the Zebra strip
resistance for you (probably tomorrow). Meanwhile, this might offer a
clue as to the resistance;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastomeric_connector
http://www.fujipoly.com/usa/design-guidelines/89.html

Unrelated dumb question. The three case screws for this Fluke 8060A
seem to have walked away. What's the thread designation so I can buy
some replacements? There's plenty similar screws on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=fluke+screws
but none specifically for the 8000 series DMM. $1.50/ea including
shipping. I'll probably do better at the hardware store
Never mind. I found the type in the user manual on Pg 6-5 in:
http://assets.fluke.com/manuals/8060a_3vimeng0200.pdf
SCREW,PH,P,THD FORM,STL,7-19,.750

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558