Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:39:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:

The link posted by an earlier poster shows problems with leakage below the main chip/socket only. If I knew that would be the only problem to address, I'd pull the socket and try it. The problem is is that every individual solution requires undoing the display hardwire, so I'm trying to formulate a plan to effectively clean this in one shot.

John

I pulled the main IC/socket and there's no sign of leakage on or under the socket pins or board. The capacitor leakage seems to be contained under the switch assy.

I removed three variable caps which hugged the board and removed the power switch. Every other part is either high enough off the board not to be touched by a very shallow bath or would not be unaffected by one. Next plan is to give it a hot shallow bath of distilled water followed by a wash of IPA and a few hours in the hot box. I have other things on my bench right now so I won't play any more with this for a few days at least.

John