Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] Wordperfect and other older progs

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 01/05/2016 11:54, News wrote:
That reminds me of when the company I was working at switched from
Wordperfect to Word in the mid nineties. We had a large number of S20 data
sheets (instrument specifications) in WP format. As they were a standard
ISA (Instrument Society of America) sheet, the automatic page numbering
was 1/3 of the way down the sheet, not in the header or footer. We
discovered that WP docs imported into Word worked perfectly, but we
couldn't create new sheets in this long established format, as Microsoft
never considered that you'd want a page number anywhere but in the header
or footer and didn't give an option to place one elsewhere!

In a Word footer a field code {page} gets displayed as the page number. You
can actually add a text box anywhere on the page, containing {page}, as part
of the footer but outside the footer area instead of inside. The page number
will be displayed where you put it.
--
Dave W