Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default windows .... everest vs anglian?

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 10:41:38 +0100, RJH wrote:

Everest boasts "Over 2 million happy customers" and "Over 50 years
experience".

40,000 customers/year, maybe, that's 100 jobs on *every* day of the
year.

"50 years of experience" in what? High pressure sales techinques or
doing good installs of double glazing?

Anglian say "We've more than a million customers and are proud

that
95% would recommend us to their friends

You may have guess I'm very firmly in the 5% group. An only a million
customers against Everest 2 million *happy* ones. Anglian stared in
1966, Everest in 1965.

... and 42% of our weekly sales are from returning customers

buying
more home improvements products from us"

So the high pressure sales works in beating people into submission
and getting them to buy "extras" in follow up calls.

They'd hardly say otherwise :-) I'd wager a small sum that the
anonymised raw data is not forthcoming . . .

I'm sure it won't be.

--
Cheers
Dave.