Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] millinghill@yahoo.com is offline

Default Electric baseboard: hydronic vs. convection?

Hi,
I'd like some advice.
Finishing my basement (one big room of 20x30) and want to use electric baseboard heat (as a backup to my mini-split heat pump). I've read about the difference between regular (cheaper) convection electric baseboards and (more pricey) electric hydronic. I like hydronic heat. I've also noticed a good number of complaints that electric hydronic baseboards don't seem to last many years. My basement will NOT get continual use, but I don't want to invest only to see it be wasted. What has you experience been with electric hydronic?
All comments appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore.