Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Flashlight temptation

On 5/1/2016 5:41 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:
On 5/1/2016 12:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was in Dollar General. The flash light aisle
had a one D cell (I know, only one of those
one D lights I've ever seen) flash light.
LED, looks more like a square Cree emitter
than a bubble end LED. Comes with one carbon
zinc D cell. Size is about the same as the old
two D lights that were all over the place when
I was kid. Price $2.50. I'd love to buy one,
but money is tight. And it would just come home
and sit. I have enough lights to do what I need,
at present. When money loosens up a bit, maybe
I'll buy one "for testing".

I saw one of these somewhere, probably Dollar General and was wondering how
they powered the LED from a single 1.5 V battery.
I thought about getting one since I don't have one like it which is good
enough reason, but also to see how good it works if it works and that kind of
thing. Looks like some reviews on Amazon for one like it.
I found no tear downs for one on Youtube. Pure research here... we gotta
know these things. Inquiring minds want to know.

http://www.amazon.com/Eveready-Econo.../dp/B004PZPB2I

How do you power a 1000W car stereo amplifier from a 12V battery?

power = volts*volts / ohms
1000 = 12 * 12 / R
R=1/7 ohm? (I think not!)

[For pedants, try at 14V -- and again at ~9]