Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip

On Sun, 1 May 2016 12:41:20 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Anyone know the approximate resistance of the strip?

Some photos of the insides of an 8024a, which is fairly close in
construction to an 8060a.
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-8024b-33-years-old-and-still-going-strong!-beware-3mb-photos/
The ribbon cable:
http://s193.photobucket.com/user/Bl4ckW0lfi3/media/Fluke8024B-09_zps4b433951.jpg.html
The ribbon cable between the two boards is made from screened
graphite, which tends to crack if flexed. I found a similar ribbon
cable, but made from flattened copper wire that looked more reliable.
I removed the original ribbon cable, clamped in the new cable, and
after a bit of jiggling, got it to make a connection without
soldering. Once it was working, I used hot melt glue to hold it in
place. I suppose soldering would have been easier, but at the time, I
didn't want to wreck the meter.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558