Jerry Greenberg

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

Not all these films make Billions, or Millions. There are many that
just make it, but people like the story, therefore, the watch it. You
only hear about the big ones that make the big money, and not all of
the money is made by the distributors.

For the pressing and distribution of the DVD's, and video tapes, there
are a lot of small subcontractors that do the actual work. This
involves everyone from the pressing, packing, sales, and distribution.
They are not the owners of the content of the DVD's, but only are
paid commission from the volumes of sales. These are the guys that
also have to pay their employees for the work done. The retailers
make a very small markup on these.

In the case of a first class movie in the movie theaters, the makers
of the movie, and the share investors are the ones that get the bulk
of the income from it. The theaters that show the movies, make only a
base commission from the number of tickets sold.

Jerry G.

--

"rstlne" .@. wrote in message ...

It is called a very sophisticated copy protection. This is a good thing,
because all of this type of piracy is putting people out of work who are

in
the media work force. As the incomes from the sales of their products

goes
down, the production houses are laying off their workers to compensate.

I am involved in several aspects of media production, and am for strong

copy
protection. For the small cost of a copy, it would be a contribution to

buy
a second copy if needed. These small amounts by the many thousands of
purchases add up to keep people in their jobs.

A copy of a commercially produced movie is not considered a backup of user
files, as like user created work or software. Like bought (purchased)
software programs, entertainment media should be used on one device at a
time at one location at a time, unless agreed with between the manufacture
and the end user.

If you worked in this industry and had to feed your family, you would

feel
the same way!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG

Not sure what post was more of a laugh, his or yours..
I mean, Just look at the 3 LOTR films
a MASSIVE 500+ mil usd to make the film and bring it to the market. Now in
the BOX OFFICE ALONE the total sales is expected to reach 3 BN usd.. now..
Movie theatres say "We rarely profit from the ticket sales".. So one would
assume that the majority of the ticket sale goes back to the mfgr.. For you
we can go low, and say they make 50%.. so that's 1.5bn - .5bn or 1bn profit

So now they release the DVD's, And games, and soundtracks, and posters, and
so on and so on and so on ..

Your telling me that the DVD selling for 26$-28$ is priced so high because
it has to feed the people that made it? ..
Lets not forget that they have got their payment JUST from sales.. When this
film makes 30bn and gives it's 300mil to the RIAA to stop people who want to
make their own DVD for 3$ then I guess you can feel happy that your able to
buy your food..

Granted I think what the guy wants to do is wrong, but He wants to do it
because the media industry is just SO SO SO SO greedy..
I would bet that (riaa fees and sales company markup aside).. that the cost
of that 10$ DVD (box & cover design & production of the case & dvd itself)
is around 70c

Just saying that your post is as silly as his