Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wolfgang Allinger[_2_] Wolfgang Allinger[_2_] is offline

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip

On 01 May 16 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article
wrote:

I have an old IBM labelled Fluke built DMM (8060a equivalent) that
hasn't worked in years for reasons I don't recall exactly, but seem to
think it was stone dead. I had it apart and left in a box and, since
my last 87 crapped out a few weeks ago, I needed the low ohms feature
of one or the other so I took another look at the old IBM.

I found just about every electrolytic on the board physically leaky,
and most down in value and ESR, some considerably. I replaced them
all but when assembling the meter, I checked the two flexible rubber
interconnect strips. One of them is round and reads zero ohms all
across it's length, so that one's good.

The other is a flat rectangular piece, and I cannot get any kind of
resistance reading *anywhere* across it. I've cleaned it several
times including using an abrasive last time and cannot get a whiff of
conductance, and I've put considerable pressure on the test leads. I
guess it being unassembled and sitting in free air must have poisoned
it somehow as I don't recall it having any issues with erratic
segments before the meter died.

It will be easy to hard wire this but was wondering if this is a low
ohm transfer strip of something maybe a few ohms to a few thousand.
If it's low ohms, I'll just hard wire it. If it's something other,
there's plenty of room to put in 1/8 w resistors of appropriate value.

Anyone know the approximate resistance of the strip?

see
http://mrmodemhead.com/blog/fluke-8060a-repair/

with the answer from Jack on August 18,2014 near the end

Saludos (an alle Vernünftigen, Rest sh. sig)
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Allinger, anerkannter Trollallergiker reply Adresse gesetzt!
Ich diskutiere zukünftig weniger mit Idioten, denn sie ziehen mich auf