Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Fluke 8060a meter interconnect strip

On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 4:17:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 3:41:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Anyone know the approximate resistance of the strip?

It would not be in the best interest of any (legitimate) manufacturer to build a precision-resistance into an interconnect strip. As you have discovered, they can be volatile, and any actual planned resistance will necessarily generate heat - leading to even quicker failure.

Hardwire it - and if it works properly (and it should if this is the only problem), you are done.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Thanks Peter. I don't think any resistance (assuming there is any) would be a problem. The strip in question feeds the LCD display glass and the draw would likely be few micro amps at 5V. I was thinking in terms of the conductive pads used to active scan lines in cheap keyboards. Those measure from a few dozen ohms to a few K ohms and work properly.

In any case, I'll take your advice and hard wire it when I get to work tomorrow and see what happens.

John