Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default [OT] Wordperfect and other older progs

On 01/05/2016 21:39, Steve Walker wrote:
We discovered that WP docs imported into Word worked perfectly, but we
couldn't create new sheets in this long established format, as Microsoft
never considered that you'd want a page number anywhere but in the
header or footer and didn't give an option to place one elsewhere!

Odd - certainly I can put a page number anywhere using Word 2016. If you
had asked, I'd have been pretty sure I could place a page number field
anywhere, right back to an early Word for the Mac.

Word 2016 also seems to allow opening of WP 5.1 files directly - at
least, it offers the choice in the file open dialogue! But I haven't got
any WP5.1 documents to try.

--
Rod