rstlne

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

"Justin" wrote in message
James Sweet wrote on [Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:33:43 GMT]:

"luminos" wrote in message

"DarkMatter" wrote in

message
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:17:54 +1100, Franc Zabkar
Gave us:

I agree with the others who decry piracy, but at the same time I'm
enraged at how the various world governments allow the movie

industry
to openly flout restrictive trade practices legislation by dividing
the globe into marketing zones with the explicit intention of

stifling
competition and manipulating pricing. We all know this is immoral

and
illegal, and such practices should be prosecuted.

- Franc Zabkar

You're an idiot. The hierarchy was based on the way movies

trickled
into the rest of the world, back in the day. That evolves, surely.
Now, it is just business, and economy in a given region.

It is their product, and it is their right to "price it" at

whatever
they want in whatever market they are selling it in.

Region codes are far more sinister than that and should be tested in

the
courts.

Yes region codes I will agree are annoying, though it's almost laughable

how
easy they are to defeat, particularly now that you can get DVD players

so
ridiculously cheap that if you don't feel like hacking one of those Apex

or
similar units to be region free you can simply buy a second player for

the
other region you want. In the end all it creates is a small hassle.

Hmmm.. I dunno about that line of logic, seeings as very few DVD players
can convert Anamorphic PAL perfectly to NTSC

The DVD store format is the same for every region..
NTSC/Pal/whatever is done by the DVD player itself