rstlne

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

"Justin" wrote in message
rstlne wrote on [Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:39:25 -0000]:

Not sure what post was more of a laugh, his or yours..
I mean, Just look at the 3 LOTR films
a MASSIVE 500+ mil usd to make the film and bring it to the market. Now

in
the BOX OFFICE ALONE the total sales is expected to reach 3 BN usd..

now..
Movie theatres say "We rarely profit from the ticket sales".. So one

would
assume that the majority of the ticket sale goes back to the mfgr.. For

you
we can go low, and say they make 50%.. so that's 1.5bn - .5bn or 1bn

profit

Yes, one group of films out of many that don't break even in the
theatre, and barely come close in the retail channel. Waterworld
recently just made it's money back. This is money back, before profit.

Or should studios only release profitable films?

No, I dont think that would be possible. What I am saying is that You
shouldnt need to pay 20$ for ghostbusters on DVD, They stay on top of
overkill until the product is completly dead.

So now they release the DVD's, And games, and soundtracks, and posters,

and
so on and so on and so on ..

Your telling me that the DVD selling for 26$-28$ is priced so high

because
it has to feed the people that made it? ..
Lets not forget that they have got their payment JUST from sales.. When

this
film makes 30bn and gives it's 300mil to the RIAA to stop people who

want to
make their own DVD for 3$ then I guess you can feel happy that your able

buy your food..

The RIAA? That's music

You sure.. Check again.. all "media" formats come under the RIAA..

And shipping, marketing, etc.

I counted marketing.. Shipping large volumes would be virtually nil (by thte
time you consider volume by cost) and be considered part of the "stores"
profit..