jayembee

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

"Erich J. Schultheis" wrote:

I rented some movies from Blockbuster the other day and
tried to burn them to a DVD-R and my DVD recorder said
"Can Not Copy". The same thing happens when I borrow DVDs
from friends and when I try to copy my DVD disc for friends.
I can burn movies from digital cable and off the antenna
just fine. Is the DVD too high a resolution for my DVD
recorder or do I have a bad cable from my DVD player which
is preventing me from recording to DVD?

No, that's not it. Most commercial DVDs have software called
Macrovision on them to prevent them from being copied. That's
for the express purpose of keeping you from doing exactly
what you're trying to do: copy borrowed DVDs inside of buying
your own legal copies.

-- jayembee