Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton 'Champion 35' petrol mower. Has anyone serviced one?

In message ,
writes

I will try cranking it over with the plug out in the dark and see how
bright the spark looks within the next 24 hours. If said spark looks
feeble, I will try buying a new plug. If that makes no diff I will try
buying a new coil

Before you throw too much more money at it, try a new plug by all means,
but also try a new HT lead. I had a problem with my Minor which was
eventually cured by fitting new HT leads. At first, I thought the
problem had been cured just by disturbing and remaking the connections,
but putting the old leads back on killed it. Threw those in the bin,
refitted the new leads and away it went.

--
Graeme