Anonymous Joe

Default how do I copy from DVD to DVD?

"Erich J. Schultheis" wrote in message
I rented some movies from Blockbuster the other day and tried to burn them

to a DVD-R and my DVD recorder said "Can Not Copy".
The same thing happens when I borrow DVDs from friends and when I try to

copy my DVD disc for friends.
I can burn movies from digital cable and off the antenna just fine.
Is the DVD too high a resolution for my DVD recorder or do I have a bad

cable from my DVD player which is preventing me from recording to DVD?

It is most likely macrovision. It's designed so that you can't make ILLEGAL
copies. Sadly, it also prevents you from making LEGAL backups (luckily the
ones your trying to do are all ILLEGAL).

Yeah, there could be some workarounds....might cost $100 and be illegal in
some countries (sort of like having a so-called "black box" is in the US,
but it doesn't call for buying a "black box").