ral

Default TTX 19" Monitor

Hello,
I have a 4.5 year old monitor (original owner) that has no
display/raster, power LED is good and I hear a clicking sound on power
up. Swapped to different workstation same problem. Cleaned the dust
out and checked for blown fuses and burned components and obvious
arching around the flyback transformer and yoke/CRT. Scoped the
flyback (10-pin) on the motherboard pins 1 & 2 and 5 & 6 are signals
pins 3 & 4 are ground pins 7,8,9,10 no voltages. Noticed the horizonal
output tansistor on heat sink not even getting a little bit warm. The
repair facililty is within an hour of my location. The repair costs
are $97 labor plus parts if it is not the flyback tranformer or
tube[$35 plus tax for diagnostics].
My question is it worth the risk to run to the repair or dump it in
the garbage and purchase another monitor. I like the monitor and don't
have alot of money at this time to purchase a good replacement. I was
running the monitor on a 2-port kvm switch. The other question is
does anybody think I have a bad flyback or CRT.

Best regards,
ral