Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.windows7.general,sci.electronics.repair
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default IBM W510 Fan Error FRUNO: 60Y5493 P/N: 60Y4981

On 2016-04-28, Max Muller wrote:
I have an old W510 with Fan Error and when I power it up with
the keyboard out, I can see the fan spin for a second, and then
shut down (I already blew all the dust out).

http://i.cubeupload.com/PPtURP.gif

The fan in my T400 gave up and I got a replacement for like $5 on
aliexpress, I should have paid $8 and got the fan-heatsink asembly
as replacing the fan only was tricky, and my repair was imperfect.
looks like your one's a bit more expensive.

looks like your fan is $8 but the heatsink assembly is $33
I'd be tempted to try replacing just the fan, and if that fixes the the
problem but goes badly due to a fumble replace the whole thing.

The backlight in my T400 gave out shortly after the fan and I fumbled
the inverter card and blew out the controller on the main board so I
just use it as a stationary computer now.

--
\_(ツ)_