BOB URZ

Default Repairing new TVs isn't easy

"Jason D." wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:12:04 -0600, BOB URZ
wrote:

Jeff Strieble wrote:
Hee, Hee, I found a 2001 dated one in front of a dumpster this fall.
25" RCA. Not stereo though. One resistor and some soldering got me
a TV. Kept it out of the landfill for awhile

That's decent set still, good for you!

Did you remove coil and clean up hole (glue get in there and fail the
solder joint) on L14401?

Cheers,

Wizard

I don't remember exactly what i did to it now. But i did poll some people
at the time i had it apart and what you said sounds familiar.
The only thing that is a little flaky on it is a AGC stability thing. When
you change channels, it seems to stutter a short bit before locking in the
channel. Once its locked, its fine.

I was amazed to see such a new set on the curb.
Most of my TV's were free or recycled in one way or another.
A friend of my dads has a Sony 27" that's only a few years old
that's intermittent that he want to give to me. That's my next recycle
project
once i get it hauled. I got two big screens too, but that's on the long
term
pain in the ass list. I got to get my main computer back together first.

Bob