Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Public Liability Insurance for working on our ex-council house

In article ,
bert writes:
In article , Brian Gaff
writes
Hmm, I do recall that some time ago, I had public liability insurance added
to my house insurance so I was covered up to a couple of million for anyone
working in my property. I need cleaners, PA and Gardeners etc, It might be
worth asking the company you cover the house with about how much it costs if
it was to cover yourselves not just external persons coming in.
In my view everyone needs this sort of insurance as otherwise in a wind
somebody like the postman being hit on the head by a brick or tv aerial,
could sue the pants off you.
Brian

IME public liability is always part of house building insurance BICBW

If you are in an appartment block, you are often not permitted to
have buildings insurance, because the management company or freeholder
will have it, and there mustn't be more than one policy covering the
same thing.

--
Andrew Gabriel