Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - What happens when you tow a woman's car

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 3:31:56 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Do you not find it a little strange that the tow truck was in neutral?

Is it normal to leave a tow truck in neutral while hooking a car?

I don't get Stormy **** but I will comment about the tow truck.

The ones I used had PTO units. So if one was to use the cables or hydraulics
it had be running in neutral. We had line locks which locked up the front
brakes and rears were set and chocked.

Same in fire trucks; gotta get power from somewhere. In pump training school
there was always someone forgetting to disengage the transmission and if not
chocked would start moving. A big indication of this was when the engine
throttle moved away from your hand to bring the pump up to pressure.

--
Tekkie

The question on the table is this:

Could a person climb into a hooked vehicle, drop it into gear and tow the
tow truck away as shown here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-q6FfoYZg