Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default complaints on hf glue

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 4/28/2016 11:11 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
John McCoy wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

notbob wrote:

A URL means zip.

Try telling that to Trademark holders. I think they would *strongly*
disagree.

I think it's more likely that the trademark holder hasn't
noticed yet, than that the glue is actually Titebond. The
only place "titebond" appears is in the URL, they don't
reference anywhere on the actual page (which says the brand
is "HFT").

HF has been using that "titebond-iii-ultimate-wood-glue" URL for almost 5 years:
Sep 20, 2011

http://web.archive.org/web/201109202...-oz-91768.html

So that if you are actually looking for TB III a search engine will
include the HF crap. It is a redirect ploy.

You'd think that would indeed be the reason. If it was, it is an EPIC
failure because if you Google "titebond iii ultimate wood glue" or
just "titebond iii" , either with or without the quotes, I don't think
you'll see a single HF link.