Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Public Liability Insurance for working on our ex-council house

In article , DJC writes
On 27/04/16 12:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, I do recall that some time ago, I had public liability insurance added
to my house insurance so I was covered up to a couple of million for anyone
working in my property. I need cleaners, PA and Gardeners etc, It might be
worth asking the company you cover the house with about how much it costs if
it was to cover yourselves not just external persons coming in.
In my view everyone needs this sort of insurance as otherwise in a wind
somebody like the postman being hit on the head by a brick or tv aerial,
could sue the pants off you.
Brian

Well, maybe€¦ but if you don't have insurance the ambulance chasers
will have to do some work rather than tickle the insurance company and
have them role over. If you havn't got insurance you may not be worth
chasing.

Don't you believe it. The Communications Workers Union will be after you
whatever.
--
bert