Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default complaints on hf glue

John McCoy wrote:

Sonny wrote in
:

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 9:32:13 AM UTC-5, Electric Comet
wrote:

still have not seen how the glue looks when using a clear coat

I've always asssumed you're not supposed to see any glue or glue lines
on a finished project. At least, that's the results I strive for.

Agreed. For two reasons - one being aesthetics, the other
being a visible glue line represents a weak joint (the
exception being with epoxy, where you actually do want to
see a glue line).

Apropos of the HF wood glue, judging by the Comet's comments
on it's texture and appearance, and the fact HF describes it
as "acrylic", I'm guessing it's actually adhesive for engineered
wood floors.

I looked for the MSDS for the glue (you can often get hints
of the actual manufacturer that way), but HF doesn't put them
on-line. Perhaps next time Electric Comet is in HF he can
ask for one (I beleive they are required by law to supply the
MSDS on request).

John

It appears to be pretty harmless stuff.

http://www.titebond.com/ProductMSDSS...c-b53970f736af