Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default How do you "tune up" a hard-to-start Craftsman 18" chainsaw

I have a Model 358 352180 18" Crapsman chainsaw too and it will not even pop with primer. I have worked on small engines for years and this is the first one that stumped me this bad. I did find they had the primer hoses on backwards and I corrected that but it has spark, compression and fuel and it should at least pop. The one last thing to check is the key in the flywheel. If that is sheared the least bit, it will not fire. If that is okay, the saw goes in the dumpster on trash day! I should know better than to buy new Crapsman power tools ..gas or electric!! They have gone way down hill since the old days!!

....I've never heard of a sheared key on a saw. Try a minute spray of carb cleaner down the throat of the cab...to see if it will pop. If it pops, get a carb rebuilding kit for it.