Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Music streaming from TV etc

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:07:15 +0000, BobH wrote:

I assume at the moment you feed the output from both the TV and CD player
into the amp, and then have wires between the amp and the speaker.

So you seem to need some kind of wireless speaker extender between your
amp and the speakers.

Cheers

Dave R

Yes that is exactly the thing I need then.

I managed it semi accidentally using stuff I already had but it might
give some ideas.
I already had a set of wireless head phones ,in my case Sennheiser the
present version being listed as the RS120 which are RF and not infra
red like some others. Phillips also make a set which are cheaper.

I also had a SKY Gnome set which was a short lived add on to sky
receivers which let you use them for radio output .
This had fallen into disuse but while playing with it I found that the
frequencies it worked on were the same has the headphones.
So I now use the headphones transmitter unit and the speaker part of
the Sky gnome , in fact sometimes I use the headphones and the missus
is simultaneously listening to the gnome speaker in the greenhouse, it
has rechargeable batteries so is nice and portable. There are
redundant preset buttons on it but the on/off volume and channel
selection controls can still be used.
Gnome sets can be found on ebay for low cost but there may be other
wireless speakers that work on the the channels a wireless headphone
trasmitter works on.

G.Harman