Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Music streaming from TV etc

On 27/04/16 17:31, John Rumm wrote:
On 27/04/16 10:40, John Rumm wrote:
On 27/04/2016 08:44, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 00:17:55 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

I would like a wireless speaker , not bluetooth, to play music
from
either tv or amplifier.
I've looked at wifi dongles for my tv and other similar devices,
but
not sure if what I buy would do the job.

There are quite a few WiFi enabled speakers about... have a look at
the
Sonos range for example.

Yes but I'm not sure they will work for this application. I think the
problem will be that TV (presumably that has the USB port for the
dongle) won't have any means of streaming live audio out over the
WiFi or serving files. TV's tend to be "clients" not "servers".

Indeed - it does depend a bit on your source of music. If its coming off
a home server / nas / dlna box etc, then the speakers will may be able
to get it directly.

And only out by 3-6 seconds

I am trying to work out who is the most ignorant - you or the OP.

Compared to you, neither apparently.

If the OP already has the source material available on some form of
central storage, then many of the digital streaming / distribution
systems will be able to stream directly from it.

With as I pointed out a completely diferrent arbitrary delay compared
top the picture.

I think you are SO stupid you haven't even cottoned on to the real
problem yet.

Josef Stalin