Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Music streaming from TV etc

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Very glad I cabled the whole house for audio when I re-wired some 40
years ago. I can pick up the output of the main sound system in every
room in the house. And all in sync too. No digital delays.

So not quite sure what is avaiable to do the same job without wires
these days.

Yes, I can do this to a limited extent. If I sacrificed a few cat5
outlets, I could do the whole house, workshop and garage. I suppose one
way of doing this might be to fit a UHF modulator using only the audio
channel and putting a channel receiver adjacent to the speakers. Haven't
thought this all through properly yet, but there wouldn't be any
significant delays in the coupling. It's difficult to beat wires.

Knew that from my days in broadcast. Only use a wireless link if there is
no other way. But everyone must have wireless these days - even if it
doesn't work as well. Think doorbells. ;-)

My system is well before CAT5. 10 pair balanced. Ordinary unscreened
telephone cable.

--
*A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.