Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Music streaming from TV etc

In article ,
BobH wrote:
On 27/04/2016 15:45, Chris French wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Adam Aglionby wrote:

Chromecast Audio

I have one, I like it.

Need one per audio zone, zones can be grouped, uses
your phone or tablet as remote use an app like Bubble to stream from
your NAS.

Not going to send audio from a TV to anything though, is it?

No, but if the OP has Smartphone/tablet
then he might be able to
use the Chromecast Audio instead (assuming they are either
playing radio or playing back local audio over the
network)

I do have a smartphone and an android tablet, but I don't want to have
to use them to play music, only from the tv box

Very glad I cabled the whole house for audio when I re-wired some 40 years
ago. I can pick up the output of the main sound system in every room in
the house. And all in sync too. No digital delays.

So not quite sure what is avaiable to do the same job without wires these
days.

--
*Lawyers believe a man is innocent until proven broke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.