John Woodgate

Default Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart

I read in sci.electronics.design that Active8 mTHISREMOVEcolasono@earth
link.net wrote (in t
) about 'Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart', on Thu, 1 Jan 2004:

It looks (the outer part) exactly like one of those RS push on F
connectors - the male one (male center conductor, female housing)
but the center conductor is hollow and split as if the mating
connector would compress it and cause it to seize the mating
connector's center conductor which in that case would make the CIQ
(connector in question) female and female no thread. I couldn't
quite get a real idea of the size from the photo. Let's check
Pasternack.

You've described a Belling coax connector, I think. I don't know what
Pasternack is; a connector distributor?

The PAL connector in this book is a push on, but the CIQ can't be
this PAL connector. The one I'm looking at is male-female into
female-male with the male housing (which would correspond to the
CIQ) is .370" OD.

I just don't recognize the term 'PAL connector'.

I see 75 ohm MCX connectors where the jack corresponding to the CIQ
accepts a plug with a .147" OD housing - seisure and all.

I'd replace the friggin' thing with something I can lay hands on
easily. F connectors are common enough. Push ons I only use for
testing.

You should be able to get Belling-type connectors from Farnell/Newark.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!