Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Alba LCD19advdw, LCD TV and DVD, 2009

On 27/04/2016 12:43, N_Cook wrote:
7AJ are 3 pin diodes, D on the overlay

not 7AJ but A7J
I "replaced" the duff tube with 3 neons in series on the ps, and the
display and backlighting and DVD play works fine. So looks like the
unmonitored side needed a load also to bring the monitoring into valid
envelope. I have to admit its not obvious which area of the screen is
lacking light, needs wrapping up properly and a normal viewing position
perhaps. Would there be 2 long tubes top and bottom and 2 short along
the sides or 2 short each along top and bottom, I've not ventured fully
inside.
The neons run at 24 deg C over ambient, so perhaps 5 or 6 would be
better if more than a temporary fudge.
Going the other way would a CFL lamp make a TV/laptop backlight exerciser?
10 ohms between pins 1 and 2 and another 10R between pins 3 and 4 and
then the tube across 1&4 or 2&3.