Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Public Liability Insurance for working on our ex-council house

On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 13:33:20 UTC+2, Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm, I do recall that some time ago, I had public liability insurance
added to my house insurance so I was covered up to a couple of million
for anyone working in my property. I need cleaners, PA and Gardeners etc,
It might be worth asking the company you cover the house with about how
much it costs if it was to cover yourselves not just external persons
coming in.

In my view everyone needs this sort of insurance as otherwise in a wind
somebody like the postman being hit on the head by a brick or tv aerial,
could sue the pants off you.

As said up-thread, the buildings insurance would usually cover any
liability to the postman.