Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Public Liability Insurance for working on our ex-council house

On 26/04/2016 22:44, Simon Reveley wrote:
replying to Martin Bonner, Simon Reveley wrote:
Sadly it's the council who has the home insurance - we only have our own
contents insurance, because the council is the freeholder of the block. As
part of our contents insurance we have "personal liability and your
liability
as occupier of your home" but I assume that's different?

I'm not at all sure that it is different. Give a copy to the council bod
and let him work it out. However, the chances are that it is limited to
less than £5m.