Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Music streaming from TV etc

On 27/04/2016 08:44, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 00:17:55 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

I would like a wireless speaker , not bluetooth, to play music

from
either tv or amplifier.
I've looked at wifi dongles for my tv and other similar devices,

but
not sure if what I buy would do the job.

There are quite a few WiFi enabled speakers about... have a look at the
Sonos range for example.

Yes but I'm not sure they will work for this application. I think the
problem will be that TV (presumably that has the USB port for the
dongle) won't have any means of streaming live audio out over the
WiFi or serving files. TV's tend to be "clients" not "servers".

Sorry, forgot the link in my previous post:

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/connect

(that allows normal line level sources to feed into the wireless
distribution system)

--
Cheers,

John.