Active8

Default Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V Wall Wart

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:37:12 +0000,
said...
I read in alt.binaries.schematics.electronic that Watson A. Name - Watt
Sun, Dark Remover wrote (in MPG.1a5cbb112ab587
) about 'Dropping 1V from a Regulated 6V
Wall Wart', on Wed, 31 Dec 2003:

I talked about the weird connector,
someone said it's a Belling Lee connector,

That's a coaxial connector, a bit like a phono plug but with a smaller
centre pin. Is that what you have?

AKA Euro or PAL connector.

I'd forget those descriptions if I were you. Certainly the Belling
connector has very little indeed to do with PAL. It is the subject of an
IEC standard - IEC 60169-2.

It looks (the outer part) exactly like one of those RS push on F
connectors - the male one (male center conductor, female housing)
but the center conductor is hollow and split as if the mating
connector would compress it and cause it to seize the mating
connector's center conductor which in that case would make the CIQ
(connector in question) female and female no thread. I couldn't
quite get a real idea of the size from the photo. Let's check
Pasternack.

The PAL connector in this book is a push on, but the CIQ can't be
this PAL connector. The one I'm looking at is male-female into
female-male with the male housing (which would correspond to the
CIQ) is .370" OD.

I see 75 ohm MCX connectors where the jack corresponding to the CIQ
accepts a plug with a .147" OD housing - seisure and all.

I'd replace the friggin' thing with something I can lay hands on
easily. F connectors are common enough. Push ons I only use for
testing.
--
Best Regards,
Mike