Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Music streaming from TV etc

On 26/04/2016 17:07, BobH wrote:
Ok, not exactly diy in the sense of repairing or building something, but
setting wifi up at home.

I am fairly IT techie, but this subject is a bit OTT for me. I know what
I want, but not sure about what is needed.

I have a samsung TV, connected to a Pioneer amplifier, and from that a
pair of speakers which the sound from both tv and cd player is output to.

I would like a wireless speaker , not bluetooth, to play music from
either tv or amplifier.
I've looked at wifi dongles for my tv and other similar devices, but not
sure if what I buy would do the job.

There are quite a few WiFi enabled speakers about... have a look at the
Sonos range for example.

--
Cheers,

John.