Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Peripheral vision in cats and humans

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:47:17 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 14:37:46 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:03:27 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 25 April 2016 19:57:14 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4097761.html

"cats have a visual field that spans a whopping 200 degrees, as
compared to 180 degrees in humans"

It also depends on teh individual women tend to have a wider filed of
vision than men have. I believe this helps them nags us from any
direct.

Are you sure that isn't a myth like them being able to see more
colours?

they can it's not a myth anymore than it's more common for men to be
colour blind.
This all goes back to our early ancestors in men they had to be quick to
hunt women has to recognise cours for differmnt type of fruit and veg.
WHich is also why generally omen are bettere at picking out curtains and
scattter cushions while the men are hunting pints.

It's difficult to test yourself, have you ever tried tickling
yourself
?.

Those are not comparable.

The human eye only looks at about 15% of it's view it sort of scans
and
reports back to the brain.

But similar ideas.

Cats are better at seeing changes or fast movemnt rather than gradual
changes which they dont normally worry about.

That cat always worries about me.

So is used to you.

Secondly, I always find my cats looking straight at me or whatever
they want to examine,

same for most creatures, as the cnetre of the eye is usually the the
best for general viewing.

Yes, but you don't stare directly at a person for more than a second or
two. It doesn't take long to gather the details you need.

So cats don;t like diorect eye contact for very long as in teh animal
kingdon it's a threat, but in humans it doesn;t work like that, cats
reaslise this.

Have you ever noticed that some bulbs flicker out of the corner of
your
eye but not when you look directly at them.

All LED car tail-lights flicker out of the corner of your eye, and half
of them when you're looking straight at them. Hard to believe in the
21st century we get such ****ty lights (and on decent cars).

Are you sure it's not just you.

It is, I don't get that effect at all.

Then your eyes or brain are too slow.

Nope, that is another thing that varys considerably with people.

Remember the 60Hz CRT monitors, could you see those flicker?

Nope, and never got any flicker with the long
tube fluoros out of the corner of my eye either.

Some did, but I didn't.