Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Sunday, 24 April 2016 05:26:24 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Because they get significantly better mpg and it ends up
cheaper to run and the engine is a lot more reliable too.

Right so all you have to do is find ways to make peolpe want electric
cars

Not even possible, they have so many downsides.

It's quite possible because its happened electric cars are getting sold.

**** all are and only to terminal ****wits like harry.

and I don;t think teh govenemtn puttiung a huge tax
on them to replace teh tax they lose on pertol will work.

Corse it would work.

How ?

All of ANPR cameras, GPS tracking of electric cars, the charger in the car
telling the smart meter in the house that its an electric car, etc etc etc.

How does charging £1 for 1 ampere hour of
electric encourage people to buy electric cars ?

We aren't discussing encouraging people to buy electric
cars, we are discussing what the govt could do if almost
everyone has electric cars and they are now getting ****
all tax revenue from the sale of petrol and diesel and are
looking to get that tax revenue back by taxing the
electricity used in electric cars instead.

Whether it makes sense to do that is an entirely different issue.