Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Peripheral vision in cats and humans

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 10:43:13 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 02:36:32 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message
news On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 23:00:22 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote
michael adams wrote

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

"The visual field of the human eye spans approximately 120 degrees
of
arc.
However, most of that arc is peripheral vision. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_span

That is one of the more superficial wikipedia articles.

My own test on myself, suggests mine is much wider than that close
200
degrees. Raise a finger of each hand concentrate on the PC screen,
move
the hands back at either side of the head, until the fingers
disappear
from view - 200 degrees.

Yeah, mine is something like that too. Much more than 120.

I don't believe anyone has 120 who doesn't have a severe eye defect.

Looks like we are using different measures, one and two eyes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_vision

One eye is irrelevant to the topic in hand - how far to your right can
you
see when staring straight ahead.

Yes, but it makes a big difference to the total you say.

My point is why was anyone looking up single eyes?

No one who matters is but the field of vision does get
stated both ways so you need to be clear which way
you are stating when you say what field of view you have.

You see things on your left with one eye and things on your right with the
other. The field of vision of only one eye is useless information.

But some do state the field of view that way.

Both Wikipedia articles say it's just past right angles.

Which isnt all that different to the 200 Harry said he has.

I can believe 180, 200, 220, but I find it hard to believe many people are
much below 180.

Quite a few primary school aged kids do.