Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:34:13 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Sunday, 24 April 2016 05:26:24 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Because they get significantly better mpg and it ends up
cheaper to run and the engine is a lot more reliable too.

Right so all you have to do is find ways to make peolpe want electric cars

Not even possible, they have so many downsides.

It's quite possible because its happened electric cars are getting sold.
you'd have to be really stupid not to know that oh well yeah...

I have seen ONE all electric car in four towns here. Quite a few hybrids, but that doesn't count, they still run on petrol, just slightly less of it.

and I don;t think teh govenemtn puttiung a huge tax
on them to replace teh tax they lose on pertol will work.

Corse it would work.

How ?
How does charging £1 for 1 ampere hour of electric encourage people to buy electric cars ?
if it costs less to drive X distance using petrol or desiel peolpe will buy pertol or desiel cars like they have been doing since the car was invented.

Once 99% of cars are electric, petrol cars would be as difficult to fill up as electric cars are now. There wouldn't be petrol stations everywhere.

--
A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.