Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Alba LCD19advdw, LCD TV and DVD, 2009

I've some tubular ceramic caps, 1p8 unknown voltage, scraped back the
covering and 2.4mm electrode separation , so perhaps 3KV or so.
Tried 2 of those on each secondary and no change

2 extenders underneath, so I tried swapping tubes over , no change.
Wired in the tube of a CFL onto the plain unmonitored side of the Tx, no
glow. Removed it and fitted it on the monitored side and 6 seconds after
standby to on, 1 second maintained burst of lamp light. I could repeat
this procedure but only ever 1 second , presumably before the monitoring
decides there is an internal tube short or something.
These CFL tubes have about 10R heaters? either end, but nothing 30 Meg,
over the 4 ends of the original tubes.
So assuming the burried tail connections are ok and the tubes are not
physically broken , what can go wrong with these TV backlight
flourescent tubes, and both of them?
What if any ohmage across the pairs of wires at each end would I expect?