Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Peripheral vision in cats and humans

"Mr Macaw" wrote in message news
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 23:00:22 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Harry Bloomfield wrote
michael adams wrote

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

"The visual field of the human eye spans approximately 120 degrees of
arc.
However, most of that arc is peripheral vision. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vision_span

That is one of the more superficial wikipedia articles.

My own test on myself, suggests mine is much wider than that close to
200
degrees. Raise a finger of each hand concentrate on the PC screen, move
the hands back at either side of the head, until the fingers disappear
from view - 200 degrees.

Yeah, mine is something like that too. Much more than 120.

I don't believe anyone has 120 who doesn't have a severe eye defect.

Looks like we are using different measures, one and two eyes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_vision

In fact I'd say 120 degrees is "tunnel vision" which means you are not
allowed to drive a car.