Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default True cost of "filling" an electric car?

whisky-dave wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

The big companies are sucked in by the ad agencies.
I don't know anyone who buys what they saw on an
advert. They go by friend's recommendations mainly.

And where do their friends get their info from

From someone who has bought it quite often.

as it's difficult buying stuff that isnlt advertised.

Easy enough to come across it in the supermarket
etc and decide to try it even if it isnt advertised.

Which washing powerders sell the most,
who sells the most headphones.

Irrelevant to whether the stuff that isnt advertised
does still sell, often by word of mouth if its different.

You don't see much advertising of the sort of stuff sold
in the polish shops etc and quite a bit of it is sold anyway,

We see lots of stuff asked about in here with
people suggesting various products, more
word of mouth, or word of keyboard anyway.

Hell of a lot more of that in places like facebook.

Just in the last couple of days someone has asked
who is the best butcher locally, and where is the
best place to get our equivalent of your MOT done.

Most of those recommended don't advertise at all
and with one of the butchers, I heard about them
from a mate of mine because he found them good.

I remmebr when my dad 20+ years ago worked for Marks
And Spenser who proudly at that time refused to advertise.

Plenty of the small business operations
I deal with all the time still don't.

Can you explain why they now put some much into advertising ....
those sexy food adds.

Because they have obviously changed their mind on that.

The only thing that kept them solvant was that
maggie thathcer brought their knickers from them.