Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair

Default Do battery chargers mostly suck, in your experience?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:59:19 -0000 (UTC), Roger Blake

On 2016-04-24, Ignoramus7945 wrote:
My experience with them has been generally negative. The worst are the
so called "smart" chargers.

My best experiences have been with old-school "dumb" chargers. I have
a 4-amp model purchased over 40 years that is still going strong, works
every time. Recently I purchased a modern charger but it would not work
worth a damn even after returning for a replacement. So I went back to
the old standby and picked up another similar charger at a flea market.
That one also works great.

"New" and "improved" are not always the same thing.

Hear Hear!!