I v e k y

Default Repairing new TVs isn't easy

Jeff Strieble wrote:
The design of all new TV sets these days makes it impossible to repair
the set unless you are a qualified technician and have special tools
and equipment, to wit, a controlled-temperature soldering station (a
regular pencil iron or [gasp!] soldering gun won't work; you will
either make a poor connection if your iron is too small, or, at worst,
lift the foil off the PC board) and a bench full of other gear.

my comentary could be put into one sentence:
whole consumer industry (not only electronics) has tendency that noone
repairs anything after warranty period... just want that we go out and buy
another (next) one :-)
and I like it that way, cos it makes products much cheaper then before....
that will surely destroy small TV (and similar) services but that is future
and big company's will make the rules

i search for entry into serviceman mode for my new panasonic tv and i
couldn't obtain it from anyone, officials want me to pay (buy) it (i know
what will be answer: that is normal and not needed adjustment if i bring it
into service)...
and also there is people around that are not eager to tell me cos I will
destroy their job or what :-)
silly