Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Green value for money

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Tim Streater wrote

Well, name one MEP from your favourite party who
is declining to take an EU pension. And preferably
one who isn't so rich it wouldn't matter anyway.

The number of people in any walk of life
who would turn down free dosh is small.

That's not true. Plenty of the stinking rich
don’t bother to apply for a state old aged
pension when that is available to everyone.

And plenty more like me just can't be
bothered doing the paperwork too.

It's not free dosh. Part of their salary package.

I have a bit more sympathy with MEPs who try to mitigate the
worst effect of the EU by arguing for Britain in EU committees.

Surely the idea of the EU is it works for the benefit of all?

Politics is never like that in anything other and cloud cuckoo land.

Absolutely no point in it if it is merely a fight between various
factions trying to get the best for their own agenda.

That's all politics ever is.

There's more than enough of that in the UK parliament.

Because that's all politics ever is.

But I have none at all for Commissioners,
since none of them does anything useful.

There we differ. Lots of very good thing have come from the EU.

An MEP who is fighting hard to put himself out of a job is Dan Hannan.

Ah. Another kipper lover. Say no more.