Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] whoyakidding@gmail.com is offline

Default Do battery chargers mostly suck, in your experience?

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 18:16:16 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 13:33:37 -0700,
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 10:13:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Aunt
Mae or Brother Bob doesnt have a clue,

But if they have jobs and own their homes then they're miles ahead of
you! As is *everyone* I know personally, including some teenagers and
many who can't open their hoods much less know anything about what's
in there.

You're perpetually broke, in debt, spend most of your nights sleeping
in a truck, and the rest sleeping in a dingy mobile home on a tiny
rented lot in a crummy town. Does it really make sense to you to be
running down fictitious people for not knowing how to use a voltmeter?
Particularly since your own troubleshooting skills have been proven a
joke.

"As for his "prowess" as an electrical trouble shooter, I picked up a
complete service manual with all of the electrical diagrams and his
"Fix" for the failed components was to bypass the fuses - TO THE
CHARGING CIRCUIT - and baste everything in PB Blaster. There wasn't
anything wrong with the charging circuit. The batteries he had cobbled
together were ****. I picked up a set from Big Joe and, miracle of
miracles, the relay's and solenoinds suddenly started working. It was
pretty obvious at that point that his real skill is bull ****ting. A
ten year old could have made perfect sense of the electrical drawings
but not Gunner."
http://groups.google.com/group/misc....1e94166afc0da2
Just like the old saying "most carburetor problems aren't" - most
battery charger problems aren't. More likely battery problems - or
like the idiot a while back who insisted it was a dangerous defect in
a Canadian Tire battery charger that the ammeter melted inside the
case when he used the 100 amp "start assist" mode as a fast charger -

A while back I dragged out a 13hp generator that had been in unheated
storage through 2 winters. The small and cheap AGM battery was about 6
years old. I assumed it would be toast and at a minimum would be dead
flat. But my charger refused to pass any current. Nah, it couldn't
be... I pressed the start button and the generator cranked quite a bit
and then fired up.